Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. ~1 Chronicles 16:34
In this season of my life, focusing on God’s love for me has really stuck the right chord. God’s love is abundant and last forever; which means God will always love me. No matter what I do, He will always love me. I like to focus on God’s love as a foundation in troubled times. When life get’s tough, I know that I will never be without God’s love!
If God’s love endures forever, what exactly does that mean for us Christians? Well, if we look at the “Love Chapter” of the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13, we find out.
If God’s love is forever, then we can know that:
- God will always be patient with us (verse 4). No matter how long it’s been since we last came to Him, He will always be patiently waiting for us.
- God will always be kind to us (verse 4). Even if we aren’t exactly nice to Him, God still has kindness for us. Not to say God will always be soft and easy on us, God will speak loudly and bring justice when necessary, but through it all He’s kind because He bring us, his children, what is best for them. Also, the Bible says He’s gentle and humble at heart (Matt 11:29).
- God will put us first (verse 5). God is unselfish, He even sent His only Son for us and has great plans for us that will not fail. God does so much for us because He is not thinking of Himself. He’s thinking of His beloved Children.
- God will never be easily angry with us (verse 5). This ties back to God’s patience. No matter what we do, God is slow to get angry with us for what we do, because He loves us and just want us to return to Him.
- God doesn’t hold our wrongs against us (verse 5). When we mess up and ask God for forgiveness, He never holds the things we do against us. It is said that He “forgets” what we have ever done wrong to Him. He will never try to make you feel guilty for what you’ve done.
- God is happy to tell us the truth (verse 6). God will never lie to us and is always happy to let us know the truth.
- God will always protect us (verse 7). God protects His children from harm through His Laws, and from the enemy, putting a “hedge” of protection around us, which tells the enemy we are His. This doesn’t mean we will never get hurt, but God is always near, protecting us from things we don’t even know about.
- God will never fail us (verse 8). We can always trust God because He will always come through. God’s Will will be done and He will not loose is this giant fight with the enemy. Have faith and God will come through!!
So focus on these things and praise the Lord for them, just how David and His People are worshiping God in this verse. Remember that God will always love you and praise Him for His amazing love!!